9 Ways Red Light Therapy Improves Healing
- Red Light Therapy has been shown to reduces pain by increasing production of endorphins – a natural painkiller.
- Reduces inflammation by suppressing enzymes that create swelling, redness, and pain.
- Boosts the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes to reduce swelling quickly.
- Increases cellular regeneration and healing by stimulating the mitochondria within the cell. This increases the production of ATP which causes damaged cells to accept nutrients and eliminate toxins faster.
- Increases lymphatic drainage and circulation.
- Relaxes tight muscles and quickly releases muscle cramps.
- Strengthens anti-viral properties by increasing antibody production in the bloodstream.
- Improves the structure of tendons, bones, skin, teeth, and cartilage by increasing Collagen production.
- Stimulates a strong heartbeat by regulating serotonin levels. Serotonin helps to regulate inflammation and allergic reactions and plays an important role in blood clotting, stimulating a strong heartbeat, initiating sleep, and fighting depression. It also stimulates the smooth muscle in the intestinal wall helping it to contract.